Popular Tourist Destinations in Pakistan
Pakistan has four provinces called Sindh, KPK (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Punjab, and Baluchistan and each province is blessed with variety of attractions. Besides the provinces, there is Federal Capital Islamabad located in the heart of Pakistan, Azad Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan area abundant in natural and man-made attractions.
A brief list of attractions as follows:
Karachi city, Quaid-e-Azam mosque, Mohenjo Daro, Sukkhar, Kot Diji, etc
KPK (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa):
Chitral, Kalash, Swat, Peshawar, Takht-bhai, Naran/Kaghan, Khyber Pass etc.
Lahore, Mughal Heritage, Harrapa, Taxila, Sargodha, Derawar Fort, Multan, Uch, Salt Mine, Rohtas Fort, Ketasraj Fort, Rawalpindi, etc.
Shah Faisal Masjid (Mosque), ShakarPariyan Hills, Daman-e-koh, PirSohawa, Lake view Park, Islamabad markets, Carpet shops, etc.
Mountains, including K2, Broad Peak, Nanga Parbat, Rakaposhi, Diran Peak, Baltoro Glacier, Batura Glacier, Biafo Glacier and number of other mountains and glaciers outside polar region. Other attractions are the KKH, Fairy Meadows, Gilgit City, Hunza-Nagar, Khunjerab, Karga Buddha, Petroglyphs and rock carvings along the KKH, Ancient Silk Route, Shandur Polo Festival, etc.
Quetta city, Gawadar, Makran, Mehrgarh, the National Park, and local rich food.
Muzaffarabad city, Neelum Valley, Banjusa, Tolipir, Pir Chinasi, Jehlum Valley etc.
Archaeological sites in Pakistan
Harrapa, Mohenjodaro, KotDiji, MehrGarh, Takht-e-bhai, Taxila
World Heritage Sites in Pakistan
- Archaeological Ruins at Moenjodaro (1980)
- Buddhist Ruins of Takht-i-Bahi and Neighbouring City Remains at Sahr-i-Bahlol (1980)
- Fort and Shalimar Gardens in Lahore (1981)
- Historical Monuments at Makli, Thatta (1981)
- Rohtas Fort (1997)
- Taxila (1980)
Properties submitted on the tentative list
- Badshahi Mosque, Lahore (1993)
- Wazir Khan’s Mosque, Lahore (1993)
- Tombs of Jahangir, Asif Khan and Akbari Sarai, Lahore (1993)
- Hiran Minar and Tank, Sheikhupura (1993)
- Tomb of Hazrat Rukn-e-Alam, Multan (1993)
- Rani Kot Fort, Dadu (1993)
- Shah Jahan Mosque, Thatta (1993)
- Chaukhandi Tombs, Karachi (1993)
- Archaeological Site of Mehrgarh (2004)
- Archaeological Site of Rehman Dheri (2004)
- Archaeological Site of Harappa (2004)
- Archaeological Site of Ranigat (2004)
- Shahbazgarhi Rock Edicts (2004)
- Mansehra Rock Edicts (2004)
- Baltit Fort (2004)
- Tomb of Bibi Jawindi, Baha’al-Halim and Ustead and the Tomb & Mosque of Jalaluddin Bukhari (2004)
- Tomb of Shah Rukn-e-Alam (2004)
- Port of Banbhore (2004)